Everyone loves banana pudding. Well, at least the people I trust love banana pudding. We all know the classic recipe. You know, the kind made with those 'nilla wafer cookies. Not the case here, friends! I tossed the wafers for decadent, butter cookies. Don't worry though, this recipe won't expand your waistline. Although, I suspect if you inhale the whole dish, it just might :) Moderation, right?
Make this dish. You will become a rockstar at your next brunch or other get together. Heck, make it for Sunday dessert!
Oh, in case you were wondering....Yes, I purposefully left the "g" off in "pudding." Alright, enough talking. Let's eat!
Fancy Pants Banana Puddin'
Recipe adapted from Paula Deen''s Not Yo' Mama's Banana Pudding
2 bags of butter cookies (I used Pepperidge Farm Chessman cookies!)
Approx 6 nanners (aka bananas), sliced
2 cups skim milk
1 (5 oz) box of French vanilla pudding
1 (14 oz) can of fat free sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz) block of reduced fat cream cheese or neufchatel, softened.
1 (8 oz) container of fat free whipped topping, thawed
1. Arrange cookies (approx 1 bag) along the bottom of a large dish (13x9, although I used a rather oddly shaped one about the same size).
3. In a medium bowl, add the milk and pudding mix. Beat with electric mixer until well blended. Set in fridge.
5. Fold whipped topping into cream cheese mixture.
7. Spread mixure over the bananas. Even out the top.
9. Cover & chill until ready to serve.
Serves 12-20 Bless your heart if you get more servings out of this pudding :)
Weight Watchers Points Plus:
For 12 servings: 10 points plus
For 13 servings: 10 points plus
For 14 servings: 9 points plus
For 15 servings: 8 points plus
For 16 servings: 8 points plus
For 18 servings: 7 points plus
For 20 servings: 6 points plus
**Points based on manual imput into the recipe builder function on the Weight Watcher site. They are not official.**