Laura's Curry Chicken Salad
Hey ya'll! I've missed posting the past couple of months. The Bar exam sucked all of my time and energy. However, I'm back and ready to give you all some healthy, and-- more importantly--TASTY recipes!!!
Need to spice up your lunch? Check out my twist on a classic! This is a great way to use up any leftover chicken that you may have in your house. For this recipe, I used leftover smoked chicken breast, but any cooked chicken will do just fine. Beware, this doesn't last long! Try it today!
1 cup cooked chicken breast meat (skin removed)
1/2 medium or large apple, chopped (I used golden delicious)
a handful of red seedless grapes, sliced in half
2 scallions, chopped
1/2 sweet bell pepper (red or yellow), chopped
2 T pecan halves, chopped
3 tsp curry powder
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp garlic powder
3 1/2 T reduced fat mayo
1/4 tsp black pepper
salt to taste
1. Chop scallions and place in a large bowl.
2. Add pepper, apple, and grapes.
3. Shred chicken, and add in with pecans to the bowl
4. Add in the spices and mayo
5. Mix well. Throw in the fridge until chill so the flavors can "get to know one another better."
6. Serve on bread, with crackers, or over salad greens.
Makes 4 generous servings
3 WW points + per serving
Pictures are mine, so don't be a thief.
As always, I am not in anyway associated with WW.