The salty-tangy-sweet flavors work beautifully here. If you don't like blue cheese, try goat cheese, or perhaps fresh mozzarella! Be creative, kids.
Laura's Blue Fig Pizza
Adapted from Bon Appétit, 2009
1 sandwich 100% whole wheat thin ( I used Kroger brand)1 oz blue cheese
2 T Fig preserves
1/2 oz of prosciutto
1 tsp evoo
Pepper, to taste
1) Preheat oven to 3502) Split sandwich thin in half and place on foil covered baking sheet.
3) Spread fig preserves equally over both halves of the sandwich thin.
4) Lay on shredded prosciutto
5) Sprinkle blue cheese equally over both pizzas
6) Top each round with arugula, to taste
7) Drizzle top with evoo.
8) Add fresh pepper to taste
Bake for 10 minutes, or until warmed through/melted. Cut into pieces and serve with a salad.
Serves 1 or 2
For 1= 10p+
**subtract 1 p+ if using Kroger sandwich rounds**