Salmon is excellent for you. It is a great way to earn some healthy Omega-3 fats. Some of the benefits of adding foods containing Omega-3's into your diet include the following:
1. improved brain functioning/higher intelligence (no brainer, huh?)
2. alleviates symptoms of depression, bipolar and psychosis
3. superior cardiovascular health
4. protection against heart attack and stroke
5. reduction of menstrual pain.
Now repeat... Fish high in omega-3s are friends to our bodies. Eat up!
This dish adapted from Jamie Oliver couldn't be easier and is super delish!
Also, random side note: I don't cook with salt. If you do, feel free to add it in!
Lemon Pesto Salmon in Foil Pouch
1 handful of fresh green beans (BIG handful)
1 4oz wild salmon fillet, skin on.
1 T pesto
1 tsp EVOO
freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Trim green beans by cutting off the ends.
3. Cut the lemon in half
4. Pull out a BIG sheet of aluminum foil (about 2 feet long), and fold it in half.
5. Put the green beans in the center of the foil. Lay the salmon fillet, skin side down, on top of the beans.
6. Spoon the pesto over the fish & drizzle with olive oil.
7. Squeeze the juice of the lemon over the fish and green beans. Place lemon halves in beside the green beans.
8. Add the fresh black pepper, as much as desired.
9. Pull the aluminum foil edges together and scrunch them up to seal up the pouch.
Place on a baking sheet and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand for 1 minute before unwrapping.
WW 7 p+
Adapted from Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Salmon baked in a foil parcel with green beans & pesto