Salmon w. Lemon-Cilantro Vinaigrette
Shown with baby brussel sprouts.
1 box of couscous (I used Near East pine nut)—prepared according to box
2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
1 wild salmon fillet, skin on (4 oz)
½ t garlic powder
½ t oregano
kosher salt and black pepper
1/8 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 scallion, thinly sliced
1 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
2. Meanwhile, heat a grill pan over medium heat, spray lightly with cooking spray.
3. Season salmon with the garlic, oregano, cracked pepper.
4. Drizzle with 1 t of oil, place in grill pan—skin side up.
5. 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
6. Cook until opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
7. In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, scallions, lemon juice, remaining oil, and fresh cracked pepper, to taste.
8. Put ½ cup of couscous on plate, and place salmon on top or to the side.
9. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the fish.
Serve with a green veggie. You will have plenty of couscous left over. Save it for another day!
10 points plus.
Inspired by Real Simple's Salmon With Lemon-Cilantro Vinaigrette