Saturday, March 17, 2012

BLT Breakfast Bowl


BLT Breakfast Bowl 
This isn't your average BLT, folks. B for the bacon, L for LAUGHING COW CHEESE, and T for tomato! Lettuce wasn't invited to this party. So sad....not.  Lately I've been on a grits kick. So naturally, I've been scheming of delicious ways to have this southern delight for breakfast. Here's what I came up with:

Ingredients
1 packet instant grits (I used Quaker butter flavor)
water (according to instructions on grits)
1/4 cup diced tomatoes (I used grape tomatoes)
2 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 wedge Laughing Cow cheese (I used french onion)
1 1/2 T low fat cheddar cheese, shredded
black pepper

Method
1. Prepare bacon (via pan, microwave, oven, etc). Cool, crumble, set aside.

2. Prepare grits according to packet instructions.  Pour into serving bowl.


3. Slice laughing cow wedge and stir into grits. Top with cheddar cheese.  Zap in microwave for 10-20 seconds.

4. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes.  Retrieve grits from microwave and top with bacon, tomatoes, and pepper.

Serves 1

Other Info
WW 5 pt+

Legal
Inspired by Savoring the Thyme's BLT Polenta Bowl

No comments:

Post a Comment