Laura's Veggie PizzaEveryone likes pizza! The great thing about this pizza is that you can use just about any combination of veggies that you like, or have on hand. Some other really tasty additions include mushrooms and artichokes! You could even add some turkey pepperoni or chicken sausage. Whatever you do, this base recipe will get you rave reviews, and your family/friends will call you a kitchen rockstar!
Pillsbury thin crust (the kind in the tube)
3/4 cup pasta sauce (I used Prego Veggie Smart)
1 cup part skim mozzarella cheese
1 red onion, sliced thin
2 cups baby spinach
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 small eggplant, peeled & cubed.
2 T olive oil
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
1 glove garlic
2 tsp italian seasoning
3 oz reduced fat feta cheese
salt + pepper, as desired.
1. Preheat oven according to pizza crust package instructions.
2. Spray a baking sheet with canola cooking spray, and spread dough over baking sheet. Spread pasta sauce over dough. Cover with mozzarella cheese.
3. Meanwhile, over medium heat, add oil into a large skillet. Once skillet is warm, add onion and bell pepper. Cook for a few minutes (3-4). Add in eggplant. Continue to cook until veggies get soft (about 5-6 more minutes). Add in italian seasoning, 1/2 of the rosemary, garlic, salt & pepper.
4. Add baby spinach into the skillet and wilt slightly.
5. Spread veggies over pizza crust evenly.
6. Top with feta cheese, and sprinkle with remaining rosemary.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, or until edges of crust are golden brown. Remove from oven and cut into 6 squares.
8pt+ per square