Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Peanut Butter Crunch Stuffed French Toast

PB Crunch Stuffed French Toast




This is my love letter to Elvis.  Yes, I talk a big game about my love for The Boss (Bruce Springsteen), but I will forever be devoted to Elvis.  I have so many things with this dude's face on it...life size cut-outs, posters, beach towels, watches, clocks...and of course, the music! I'm pretty sure it was my love for Elvis that made me want a guitar.


Anyway, this is my healthier take on the King's favorite sandwich--peanut butter, banana, and bacon.  I've left out the bacon, but you can certaintly have it on the side :)

Peanut butter...people eat it up! According to Livestrong.com, Americans consume enough PB each year to coat the floor of the Grand Canyon! Peanut butter is a good source of protein (7 grams per 2 tablespoons), healthy fats, potassium, and fiber.


Now, a little less conversation--a little more cookin'!

Ingredients
1 tablespoon reduced-fat peanut butter (I used Peter Pan whipped creamy)
1 sandwich thin, or 2 slices light bread ( I used KROGER whole wheat sandwich slims)
1/4 cup corn flakes, crushed
2 tsp honey
1 egg white
1 tablespoon milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
banana

Method
Preheat oven to 325 degrees

Line baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with canola cooking spray (i.e., PAM)

Spread sandwich thin/bread with peanut butter.  Slice 1/2 of the banana and layer on top.  Place other side of bread/sandwich thin on top.



In a mixing bowl, beat egg, milk, and vanila together. Soak each side in egg mixture for a few minutes.

In another bowl, crush the corn flakes.  Dredge each side of the "stuffed french toaste" in corn flakes, making sure each side is equally covered.

Place on baking sheet. Bake in oven for 10 minutes, or until golden brown and warm.



Slice remaining 1/2 banana. Arrange over french toast.  Drizzle honey over the top. Serve immediately.

Enjoy!

Other Information
WW 6pt+

note: if you use Arnold's or another brand of sandwich thin, you will have to add 1 pt+! Kroger is lower in points compared to the main name brands.

Legal
Elvis
Peanut Butter Facts
Recipe adapted from Delish Peanut Butter Crunch French Toast

No comments:

Post a Comment