Everybody loves chicken. There must be a million ways to make it! Chicken is a great source of protein, provides protection from cognitive disease like Alzheimers, and is full of cancer-protective nutrients. This recipe uses chicken breasts, but chicken thighs are a good alternative...just remember to remove the skin from the chicken, and you will drastically cut down on the fat!
This recipe was adapted from Weight Watchers Online. I tweaked it a little bit for my personal taste. As the name suggests, it's a twist on lemon chicken. Kids, this one is easy-peasy, and most importantly, tasty!
Baked Lemon Rosemary ChickenIngredients:
canola cooking spray
1 lbs of uncooked skinless, boneless chicken breasts (either 4 breasts, or 2 split in half)
1-2 tsp salt free chicken seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
**if you don't have this, mix the following together: garlic powder, onion powder, oregano,rosemary, thyme, basil, & paprika**black pepper
1-2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Spray 9x13 glass dish with canola cooking spray
3. Season both sides of chicken breasts with pepper, and place in dish
4. Sprinkle salt-free chicken seasoning over each breast, and drizzle with olive oil.
5. Zest the lemon, and sprinkle over chicken evenly. Juice the lemon and pour over zest.
6. Remove rosemary from stalk, and roughly chop. Divide rosemary equally over each breast. Follow with parsley
7. Pour chicken broth around the sides of the chicken, coating the the bottom of the dish.
8. Bake until chicken is fully cooked--about 30-35 minutes.
9. Serve immediately, spooning sauce over chicken breast.
4p+ per breast
Based on Weight Watcher's Baked Chicken