Note: this recipe uses queso quesadilla cheese. If you can't find "hispanic cheese"...whatever that really is...you can use asadero, cheddar, mozzarella, or even low fat blue cheese. Whatever makes you happy!
Buffalo Queso Chicken Burgers
1/4 lbs ground extra lean chicken breast
1 tsp salt free southwest chipotle seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
1 T buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's RedHot Buffalo sauce)
1 1/2 T hispanic queso quesadilla cheese (I used Kroger brand)
1 lite wheat hamburger bun
any fixins' that makes your stomach giggle
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, spray with canola cooking spray
3. In a mixing bowl, lightly toss ground chicken, southwest chipolte seasoning and wing sauce.
4. Take 2/3 of mixture and make a patty. Create a small dip in the center to hold the cheese.
5. Place queso quesadilla cheese in the middle.
6. With the remaining chicken mixture, create a small "top" to place over cheese. Seal edges so cheese doesn't escape!
7. Cook 30-35 minutes.
8. In the last 3-5 minutes, place bun on tray and warm through.
9. Assemble with any desired topings. I put some more wing sauce on the bun with baby spinach, onion, & alfalfa sprouts.
*You could grill these, if you want to. I just didn't want to pull mine out :)
Serves 1 --serve with spicy sweet potato fries & steamed broccoli (or other veg)
If you want to make more than just 1 serving, just double/triple/etc the recipe!
WW: 6p+ (includes bun)