Thursday, February 16, 2012

Buffalo Queso Chicken Burgers

yummo!

Lately I've been craving burgers...and hot wings. When a friend of mine mentioned that she made buffalo chicken burgers, I knew that she was on to something good.  I started to think about this concept, and I decided that it needed some ooey-gooey cheese. Yes, it needed queso inspired cheese, but not on the top. Instead, I wanted it inside so it didn't get all over my hands. I mean really, who likes getting the contents of their burger all over them? Not this girl. Here is my delicious little food creation

Note: this recipe uses queso quesadilla cheese. If you can't find "hispanic cheese"...whatever that really is...you can use asadero, cheddar, mozzarella, or even low fat blue cheese. Whatever makes you happy!

Buffalo Queso Chicken Burgers

Ingredients
1/4 lbs ground extra lean chicken breast
1 tsp salt free southwest chipotle seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
1 T buffalo wing sauce (I used Frank's RedHot Buffalo sauce)
1 1/2 T hispanic queso quesadilla cheese (I used Kroger brand)
1 lite wheat hamburger bun
any fixins' that makes your stomach giggle

Method
1. Preheat oven to 400
2. Line a baking tray with aluminum foil, spray with canola cooking spray
3. In a mixing bowl, lightly toss ground chicken, southwest chipolte seasoning and wing sauce.
4. Take 2/3 of mixture and make a patty. Create a small dip in the center to hold the cheese.
5. Place queso quesadilla cheese in the middle.
6. With the remaining chicken mixture, create a small "top" to place over cheese. Seal edges so cheese doesn't escape!
7. Cook 30-35 minutes.
8. In the last 3-5 minutes, place bun on tray and warm through.
9. Assemble with any desired topings. I put some more wing sauce on the bun with baby spinach, onion, & alfalfa sprouts.

*You could grill these, if you want to. I just didn't want to pull mine out :)
Serves 1 --serve with spicy sweet potato fries & steamed broccoli (or other veg)

If you want to make more than just 1 serving, just double/triple/etc the recipe!

WW: 6p+ (includes bun)




No comments:

Post a Comment